Monday, November 7, 2011

The Greek festival, Mobile Alabama



This weekend I attended the Greek festival held at Annunciation Greek Orthodox church in Mobile, Alabama. Although I have never been to Greece I love Greek culture, food, art & architecture as they inspired the very popular " Greek Revival style in 19th century America.  I have been to many Greek festivals across America. Before going I was not expecting much but upon arriving this Greek festival turned out to be one of the best I have attended. Hundreds of people were there enjoying themselfs. I did not know that Mobile had such a large Greek population stretching back to the early 19th century. I first toured the beautiful church built in 1961 but incorporating the old with the new in it's interior and exterior. Then it was off to great Greek food, wine, shopping and being entertained by Greek Folk dancing! It was a night of excitement for all.  




























 












2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Andrew! I enjoyed this post tremendously!
    Somehow you disapperared off my blogroll?
    I am looking at all your posts now.

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Divine Theatre blogger has been so crazy, I can’t keep up with it all. Glad to have you back. This also happens to me when some of the people I’m flowing disappear

    ReplyDelete